The pandemic forced everyone to stay indoors. Kids had to miss their schools as there was a risk of infection spread. But now things are getting normal, and schools have reopened. Even malls, shopping complexes, restaurants, bars, and every place is open for visitors, but with some restrictions. We still have to follow social distance and take care of hygiene wherever we go. Coronavirus has not gone away yet; we have to be as careful as we were last year.
Things are getting normal as more and more people are getting vaccinated. Offices, malls, and public places have opened again. Colleges and universities are already open. Schools are preparing to resume with great caution as kids are sensitive and still not immune to the virus.
To keep kids safe, you need to create a healthy classroom environment. With students and staff spending the whole day inside the classroom, the infection can quickly spread. It’s not just coronavirus infection from which we should be worried; there are other infections as well that students can get through dirt, dust, and an unhygienic environment. P and J is a professional cleaning company offering commercial cleaning services in CT. We offer school and classroom cleaning services to keep your classrooms spick and span.
Apart from providing education to the kids, there are so many unwritten school responsibilities such as maintaining discipline, making kids learn how to maintain hygiene, social distancing, and keeping classrooms clean. This will reduce the risk of spreading germs and bacteria. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has mentioned a few things that school authorities can do to stop illnesses in the classroom. With their tips in mind, we have created a classroom cleaning checklist to help schools to keep their space tidy, organized, and healthy for their students. Let’s have a look!
- Vacuum: If there are upholstery furnishings and rugs in your classroom, you must vacuum them regularly to keep dust at bay. Upholstery, rugs, and soft furnishings can easily trap dust, triggering asthma or allergic reactions. Therefore, you must create a regular hovering schedule which is necessary, especially for kids in the room.
- Mop floors: Teachers know very well how dirty their classroom floor gets over a day. From muddy footprints trampled in from the playground to pencil shavings and other fragments, your classroom floor definitely needs a good cleaning to wipe up all dirt and dust after the whole long day.
- Clean all desks: In classrooms, one of the areas that can act as a platform for the growth and spread of bacteria and germs is the teacher’s desk and students’ desks. From leaning on their desks all day to having their meals and even showing their creativity by drawing & scratching. Therefore, this area needs a thorough wipe-down with the antibacterial cleaner to keep germs and infections at bay.
- Empty bins: To keep your classroom looking clean and free from nasty odors, you must empty wastebaskets and dustbins every day. You can also install recycling bins for any paper waste to follow a greener approach in your school.
- Wipe doorknobs: To prevent the transfer of bacteria, you must ensure that doors, doorknobs, light switches, and window latches are thoroughly wiped with antibacterial cleaner. These areas get maximum exposure, and bacteria & germs can easily stick to them and transfer to others. So, frequent and quick cleaning will ensure that these areas are free from harmful germs.
- Dusting: Give shelves, electronic equipment, and file cabinets a thorough clean to ensure they are safe to touch. Dust can often build; that’s why we recommend regular cleaning with a dust-attracting cloth such as microfiber cloths. Also, use disinfectant while cleaning so that germs get automatically killed when you wipe things with the fabric.
- Refrigerator: If you have a refrigerator in your school for storing food and let your students do self-service, then unfortunate spillages can occur. Make sure you clean your fridge with an antibacterial cleaner at the end of the day to prevent bacteria and fungus from growing.
- Sink & kitchen area: This place can support bacteria and germs if you don’t keep it clean. The kitchen and sink area should be kept free from food and drink. You must wash it properly with a potent cleaning agent once utensil cleaning is done. Also, wipe it with a dry cloth to avoid moisture. Dampness can also cause mold and bad odor which can be dangerous for kids coming to the kitchen for drinking water or anything else.
You have to make new cleaning rules due to the pandemic. You need to teach your kids how to maintain hygiene to prevent themselves from getting infected in any way. Help them differentiate what they need to do and what they should strictly avoid when they are at school, classroom, or in the play area.
Why Should You Use Professional Cleaning Services At Hartford For Safe Classrooms?
Hiring cleaning professionals like P and J that are well-known in the area for providing post-pandemic cleaning services as well as post-construction cleaning, will be a good decision. We can help you create a customized school and classroom cleaning checklist and carry out each task mentioned in the list daily without a miss. We can also take the responsibility of maintaining hygiene in cafeterias, gymnasiums and other populated areas of your school. Our janitorial services for schools and educational institutions involve cleaning and disinfecting every space inside the building. With over 15 years of experience in the cleaning industry, we have taken a pledge to provide the highest quality of cleaning services in Hartford, CT.