Sunny skies, beautiful gardens in full bloom, and backyard barbeque, who doesn’t love summer? But the summer season comes with allergies, and many wait for additional challenges that summer brings. Though many associate spring with peak allergy season, summer is the time when weeds and grass pollinate. You could witness dust mites also at peak during the summer heat, and it is difficult to resist playing with your pets in the outdoors on a lovely sunny day. CT carpet cleaners are cleaning professionals who always suggest valuable information about preventing different diseases and allergies by maintaining hygiene inside your home. Apart from personal allergy care, you must follow some basic steps around the home to minimize the impact of allergies. We are sure that our tips and simple home remedies will get you back to enjoying the summer!
- Dust and Vacuum Frequently: You must dust and vacuum at least twice a week to keep pollen particles and pesky dust out of the air. Though hard flooring doesn’t hold many irritants compared to carpets, you should frequently clean your area. Consider decluttering as the less surface dust can stick to, the happier and safer you will be.
- Clean Your Area Rugs and Carpets: Carpets and rugs have soft fabrics that hold more allergies than hard surfaces and blinds. Moreover, dust, dirt, pet hairs, and so much more make your carpets unsafe which could be dangerous for people with respiratory problems. Regular vacuuming is one of the ways to keep your carpets clean and free from allergens, but you cannot altogether remove them from your carpets. Hire our carpet cleaning Hartford experts and give your carpets a professional treatment before summers arrive. You can also choose to clean them every six months if you use your carpets throughout the year. Cleaned carpets are necessary for your family’s good health and well-being; otherwise, soon your carpets will become breeding ground for microbes.
- Get Air Ducts Cleaned: You must schedule regular air duct cleanings so that ducts remain clear of mold pollen, spores, and other allergens. These allergens can re-circulate throughout the home. Over time, these pollutants can accumulate inside your ductwork, making your duct and the whole system a breeding ground for bacteria, mold spores, fungus, mildew, and other microbes. According to our experts, you must get your air ducts cleaned every two to three years.
- Change Air Filters Regularly: If you wish to see your HVAC system up and running efficiently, you must get the air filter cleaned regularly. Regular cleaning will help your ducts remain clean and germ-free, which can be dangerous for those living in your home. Dirty filters and ducts will circulate dust, pollutants, germs, and air which can cause breathing problems. Change filters as per the manufacturer’s instructions, typically between 30 and 60 days, with further contemplations such as pets and traffic.
- Clean Your Upholstery: Just like your carpets, your upholstery also needs attention. They have a surface that attracts dust, pollen, and allergens. They have hidden areas and create a suitable environment for bacteria, fungus, and molds to grow. Professional cleaners have the proper tools and equipment to clean your upholstery. No matter which material they have been constructed from and how dirty they are, professionals have a solution for almost everything. Hiring professional cleaners also gives you confidence that your upholstery will be spotless. You don’t have to worry about allergies anymore.
- Keep Your Pets Clean: Pet hair and fur can be a potential medium of transfer of pollen, dust, spores, and other agents. These can stick to your carpet, clothes, upholstery, and other surfaces from where they can transfer to your body, causing severe allergies. To prevent this chain, you must keep your pet clean. Bath them regularly and use shampoos during their hair wash so that everything that is sticking to the pet hair can thoroughly wash away.
- Manage Humidity: Excessive moisture encourages mold growth. Therefore, make sure you fix all leaking pipes and ensure proper ventilation in the kitchen, bathrooms, and basement. You can also use a dehumidifier if there is too much humidity in your area. Humidity control is vital as it can boost the growth of several microbes inside your home, which can further cause different health problems. Mold growth is not limited to walls. It can also grow on your carpets, furniture, cupboards, and almost everything.
Even after allergy-prevention cleaning, it is relatively not enough, and you may need more help. This help can be in the form of P and J Cleaning Services. You can trust us for all kinds of cleaning services such as home cleaning, carpet cleaning, and post-construction cleaning. We have an excellent reputation in Hartford for providing professional cleaning services at pocket-friendly rates.
We have an excellent track record of providing service-oriented residential and commercial janitorial service. We go above and beyond traditional cleaning services and provide our customers with guaranteed satisfaction and high-quality customer service. With more than 15 years of professional cleaning experience, our friendly and proficient staff offers carpet and upholstery cleaning, floor cleaning, snow removal, power washing, post-construction cleaning, and much more for our valued residential and commercial clients. Feel free to call us for detailed information on our services and pricing.